Friday, July 30, 2010

Final Reflection

I am feeling much more prepared for all that is out there in Web 2.0 land. I realize that I need to continue to find time to explore and play with all of the new tools. Teaching myself how to use many of them for our final project was exasperating - but I kept reminding myself that I would get through it. And I certainly learned more useful skills than I ever did writing a paper!
I knew before I started the course that I was somewhere in the middle range of techy people. I don't know if I'll ever be geeky enough to bypass others - but I'll keep tryng. I actually feel quite accomplished. I can't wait to show all of my new skills off at work in September!
I've used wikis and blogs before, but I think he most useful tool for our high school right now would be Livebinder. The binder I created for Ancient Greece on my wiki is for a Global class in the fall. I plan to make more for the other Golden Age civilizations.
I'll also continue to work with all of the Google Tools. Tough I was disappointed - Google Presentation kept getting stuck and delivering service errors. I'm wondering if it's my laptop. I'll try it again from a different computer. But Google Forms, Docs, & Scholar are way on the top of my list. Plus they're all free and not blocked by our district!!!
Enjoy the rest of the summer everyone. Class was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment