Thursday, July 15, 2010

Too Many Tools - Too Little Time!!!!

It sounds sooooooo cliche - but it's definitely true and exactly how I'm feeling.
I love all of these tools. I just hope they become functioning tools for me, not just time suckers and clutter on my toolbar.
I see the use of Twitter as a professional tool, but not something I would use in the classroom at all. Though my district allows blog sites at times, they have an aversion to new technology. Plus there's always the feeling that you're giving IT more work to do. With so many budget cuts everyone is feeling bitter. No one wants more work. And it's hard convincing them to move on.
Our principal wanted us to become a 21st Century library. There were so many roadblocks it became very frustrating. I'm hoping that if I team up with just one or two teachers that are forward thinking and experimental, we can get new things accomplished in September, and use them as models at the faculty meetings.
One teacher last year argued that she wanted nothing to do with blogs - she had no time for anything new! One of the English teachers decided to do a blog with her class and the result were amazing. The other teacher saw it and later commented on how wonderful it was. But she still is not interested - very sad and frustrating.
I can't wait to use Google Books on our library page. The time it would save in emails from teachers and phone calls from parents would be phenomenal. Also fastflip in Google Labs deserves a full trail year. I'm wondering what we could cut from our database budget with that application.
Though I am a bit tense and tired - I will focus on the library manifesto from Buffy Hamilton - keep an open mind and have fun - I'll just keep laughing at myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment